Welcome to the Rover Come Over Blog

siberian husky dog

Welcome to the Rover Come Over Blog


Thanks for being here! Here at the Rover Come Over blog, we'll share new products and recipes and learn about nutrition for our furry friends. 

Rover Come Over was created because of Ice. No, not the kind you get from your freezer! Ice is my white Siberian Husky. He's a beautiful, loving husky who has tons of energy! Ice also has a few digestive issues. After a few trips to the vet, we realized that our dog's stomach did not agree with commercially made dog food and treats. We tried different foods and supplements recommended by our vet, but these either did not help the problem or were very expensive. 

Disclaimer: I am NOT a veterinarian or a canine nutritionist. But I thought it couldn't be harmful to try to formulate my own recipes with foods that I know are safe for dogs and that Ice enjoys; this is how I came up with our Peanut Butter Pumpkin Dog Treats! 

This recipe is full of nutritional goodness, including pure pumpkin, peanut butter (xylitol-free), eggs, and whole wheat flour. You can find them here: rovercomeover.org

When I make these dog treats, Ice is underfoot the entire time! The second I open the pumpkin, he's there. We sit and watch them bake in the oven together, patiently waiting. When the treats are cool, he takes on his role as the official taste tester. And I have to say, his approval rating is 100%! 

I hope you enjoyed the story of how Rover Come Over Homebaked Doggie Treats came to be. I hope you will try them today. 

Comments

Popular Posts