Pumpkin Apple Oatmeal Dog Treats Are Here!

 

Pumpkin Apple Oatmeal Dog Treats Are Here!


Newly ready for fall, our Pumpkin Apple Dog Treats are now available in our shop. 

My dog, Ice, absolutely adores pumpkin, so I wanted to create a treat for him that included his favorite ingredient! Pumpkin is considered an excellent ingredient to add to your dog's diet, aiding in digestion and therefore helping with stomach issues like Ice has. Pumpkin is packed with micronutrients and a ton of fiber which helps to remove excess water in your dog's digestive tract. It is dense in minerals A, C, and E, and vitamins like iron and potassium.  Pumpkin contains prebiotics that support the presence of important bacteria in the digestive tract. It is possible to give your dog too much pumpkin: One doggie can have too much of a good thing just like us humans! However, for your dog to be consuming too much pumpkin, he would have to be eating multiple tablespoons at each meal. Our homemade Pumpkin Apple Oatmeal dog treats have just enough pumpkin to be just that: A treat! 

Making these treats was a bit of a process, to say the least! I ended up with a very sticky dough that I knew wasn't going to play well with my small cookie cutter. It took me a while to perfect the balance of ingredients in a nice wet/dry combination that would roll out easily, but not compromise the flavour of the recipe. I have to say, when I was baking these treats for the first time, they smelled as delicious as any human cookie! If it wasn't for the fact that these treats contain no sugar, I would've devoured them! Did I taste them? Yes. Yes, of course I did... And I don't think humans would really enjoy them. But when the first batch cooled, I enlisted the help of my trusty taste tester, and he was the happiest do in the world to have one. At that moment, Ice put his stamp of approval on these dog treats!

Give them a try today for your dog to love and receive benefits from our quality ingredients. And besides, this is the season to celebrate all things fall!

Comments